Domestika is looking for an Editorial Content Director
We are looking for a highly experienced Editorial Content Director to manage our in-house creative content production team (designers, copywriters, filmmakers, etc.) to help them produce high-quality content specially designed for social media and SEO that engages with the audience, promotes the online courses, and enhances awareness of the brand.
You will be leading the development of creative assets based on a global brand strategy, measuring performance and effectively ensuring world-class creative. This is an essential role responsible for managing Domestika’s internal creative resources and developing best-in-class production processes to support scaling our branded content and editorial content studio globally.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 6 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
Today, Domestika produces online courses. We share editorial content for and with the best creative people in the world. We run creative events where teachers, creative professionals, and students all have the chance to share experiences, ideas, and projects.
- Own the overall development of our editorial content production.
- Manage Domestika’s internal creative resources and develop best-in-class production processes to support scaling our editorial content studio globally.
- Hire new team members.
- Monitor content performance in order to identify insights to improve future project deliveries and continual execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (social media managers, SEO specialists, data analysts) to plan, facilitate, and develop content analytics projects.
- Be responsible for brand consistency across editorial content activity.
- Mentor and coach a team whilst driving a high-performance culture.
- Run and communicate project timelines, deliverable types, resourcing, and budgeting needs.
- Effectively manage operative and large-scale projects from the brief through delivery.
- Facilitate and manage alignment between project needs and other external departments.
- 5+ years of experience in a project manager, studio manager, or operations manager role with a creative studio, agency, or in-house studio for the digital field and social media.
- Experience in branded content and editorial content and video production for different markets.
- Experience prioritizing, managing, and tracking a high volume of creative projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience with engagement, traffic, registers, and brand awareness KPIs.
- Experience with branded content and SEO content.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-cultural and international environments across time zones.
- Ability to work with project management tools, resource planning, and digital asset management with experience building processes and systems for scale.
- Strong operational skills and ability to thrive in ambiguity at times.
- Passion for branded content creation and data.
- Ability to understand the brand value, tone, and language.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences.
- Highly proactive, organized, solutions-driven, digitally focused, and a great team player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and passionately when leading the team.
- Excellent people skills to ensure a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to both work independently and interface with cross-functional teams.
- Fluent in English.
It’s a plus:
- Other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, or German).
What do we offer?
- Work in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- Salary based on your experience and profile.
Some of the content that we produce: