At Domestika we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer - Remote - Time Zone GMT and GMT +2.
Domestika is one of the largest growing communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. The person will form part of the team responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys designing and optimizing data systems as well as building them from the ground up.
The Senior Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts on data initiatives and will ensure data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The person should be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products as well as mentoring other members of the team.
What does a Senior Data Engineer do at Domestika?
- Assist in the architectural design and implementation of our growing data platform.
- Implement and monitor best in class security measures in our data warehouse and analytics environment.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain robust data pipelines to support our reporting needs.
- Work with Product, Data and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Mentor less experienced team members on their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineer/DataOps role.
- Experience working on AWS with technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, Athena, DataLake Formation, Glue, EMR, etc.
- Working experience with Spark with Python or Scala as well as workflow management tools like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and query optimization.
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and data stores.
- A professional level of written and spoken English is a must.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.