At Domestika we are hiring a Business Strategy Director to work closely with the Programming and Marketing team.
As the Business Strategy Director, your main responsibility is to develop strategic insights to further the company's global course content efforts. You will contribute to the creation of the Domestika course portfolio, ensuring the content that's being created is helping to drive the business goals.
You will be part of the Programming team, working closely with Category Directors, Content Curation, and Marketing in assessing content opportunities.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 8 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
What does a Business Strategy Director do at Domestika?
The Business Strategy Director develops strategic insights to further the company's content efforts and is responsible for courses and portfolio evaluation, programming strategy & analytics, competitive analysis, and user behavioural analysis.
Lead course analysis and performance (actual portfolio and new courses to develop).
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends, and performance indicators.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitors analysis.
- Regularly present analysis and reports on relevant data related to the courses, in an easy-to-understand format.
- Serve as a point of contact with cross-functional teams (Content team, Research, Marketing, and Planning)
- Lead new projects related to improve the Domestika course offer.
- Lead the research team (3 people), with the goal of understanding the market, competitors, and opportunities and providing support to the content team.
- Build the yearly content strategy (by category and language) alongside the Marketing team.
- At least 6 years of experience in strategy, and/or consulting roles in international companies.
- Data driven person, analytical mindset, ability to understand how to apply data and insights to strategy to help drive results and identify opportunities.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses clearly and concisely.
- Strong commitment to accountability and transparency.
- Ability to collaborate in an international and multilingual team environment and across a complex organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, motivated and flexible attitude in a startup environment.
- Team management experience.
- Native or bilingual English. Other languages such as Spanish would be a plus.
- Prior media experience and MBA is a plus though not required.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- Domestika pro-account to have access to all of our courses for free.
- Possibility to work remotely.
- Private health insurance.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.