At Domestika we’re looking for a Sound Technician.
Your main responsibility will be to take care of the sound recording for the courses, the promotional trailers, and other audiovisual materials so that the course is perfectly executed. You will work hand in hand with producers, filmmakers, co-filmmakers, editors, etc. You will be based in Madrid and you will work remotely with 6 other countries. You will be part of the Madrid Domestika Course Production team. You will also be in charge of training the film crews in everything related to sound, as well as helping with the pre-production of the courses, management of the film material, and technical support.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 6 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does a Sound Technician do at Domestika?
- You will support the sound department in the pre-production and organization of filming together with the Domestika film teams.
- You will support the sound department in the sound recording of the Madrid courses, carry out the sound checks and provide support during the filming when necessary.
- You are responsible for the sound material, its inventory, and set-up in Madrid.
- You are responsible for training the filmmakers and filmmaker assistants about sound.
- You are responsible for the sound in outdoor filming.
- You have experience in miking and directing sound.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are dynamic when facing problems related to sound material, as well as solving production contingencies.
- You are creative in proposing ideas to the Production team.
- You have experience with audio editing tools such as Audition or similar, as well as Izotope RX audio restoration tools.
- You have an interest in sound design.
- You know that good organization is a good antidote.
- You respect the protocols in operation.
- You are resolutely decisive and have a sense of humor and a good deal of flexibility.
- You know that details make the difference.
- You feel comfortable in high-performance projects with deadlines.
- You know how to set the pace for the production team and make things easier for everyone.
- You are creative and have a great interest in all the arts and audiovisual communication.
It is a plus if:
- You have notions of filmmaking.
- You have experience in training and management both in-person and online.
- You have experience creating promotional or educational content.
What do we offer?
- Work in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.