At Domestika we are hiring the Country Manager for Brazil.
We are looking to hire a proactive, positive and proven Country Manager to lead the Brazilian market for Domestika.
The Country Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally with the Programming & Production teams to make sure we produce the best possible courses with the highest quality teachers in Brazil. Operational excellence is at the core of everything we do and the Country Manager is expected to lead in this area constantly looking for ways to improve our ways of working to deliver a best in class product and teacher experience.
The Country Manager is equally responsible to lead on local partnerships, PR and local marketing activations working closely with the central teams to grow brand recognition and drive customer acquisition. The objective being for Domestika to become the community of practice for the creative industry and the go to destination for online learning in Brazil.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
The company is based out of San Francisco, California. The team is distributed in 12 countries and has the support of one of the most relevant venture capital funds in Silicon Valley.
What will the Country Manager Brazil do at Domestika?
- Set Commercial Strategy: Work with our VP International in setting market strategy and growth plan for Brazil both on the supply and demand side.
- Drive Growth and Manage Country P&L: Balance achieving revenue targets in Brazil alongside taking a strategic approach to leading and optimizing channels to meet ROI, and budget goals.
- Contribute to and execute local marketing strategy: Be the country expert / face of the company, managing local execution to drive brand awareness & acquisition of both professionals- and consumers (eg PR, partnerships) working closely with central teams.
- Deliver best in class local courses: Support the production team in hiring and onboarding Brazilian team members (Producers, Filmmakers, Runners, Photo/Art Direction) as well as acquiring best in class teachers while making sure quality & quantity objectives are continuously met.
- Innovation and Market Localisation: Be the country expert, briefing on new product / tech / operational requirements to central teams to make sure the best customer experience is delivered in Brazil.
- Local Partnerships: Lead the development of strategic partnerships to drive brand awareness on both the creative community, as well as our members.
- Lead and Build a Team: Supporting hiring of local team members across all functions (production, marketing, programming, etc.). Manage and mentor a small local team to build and execute growth strategies.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Work with stakeholders in central teams to drive growth and ensure alignment with HQ for regional and global initiative.
- Business Analysis: Monitor and assess performance of your market, challenging all central teams to achieve KPIs.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in revenue-generating functions such as marketing, sales and/or operations and business strategy.
- Entrepreneurial track record within digital media, Internet, or consumer business. Ideally, as General Manager managing at a fast-paced, fast-growth company or start-up.
- Prior experience setting up early-stage country or city operations is a plus.
- Strong academic background: BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills: ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Outstanding people and stakeholder leadership skills with the ability to communicate with, motivate, inspire, and develop teams. Naturally engaging and charismatic (can win “hearts and minds”) without having people directly reporting into you.
- Commercially minded, with demonstrable experience negotiating with vendors and partners.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams or departments to obtain ambitious goals.
- Past experience in the production/filmmaking area or a creative industry would be a plus.
- Portuguese and native or near-native English proficiency. Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to build one of the fastest-growing companies in the creative industry, launching in a new market.
- Joining a fun, creative, cooperative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.