Domestika is looking for a Cinematographer (Editorial Content) located in New York.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
What does a Cinematographer (Editorial Content) do at Domestika?
We are looking for an experienced and talented Cinematographer to join Domestika’s Editorial Content Department in New York.
As a Cinematographer in the Editorial Content Department, you will be responsible for filming our in-house creative content production, creating original content (interviews, documentaries, tutorials, etc.) for our social media channels to engage with the US and global audiences. We are looking for a creative person who can work on formats that have already been established for a Spanish audience and who is also able to take part in the creation of new ones designed for platforms like Instagram and Youtube.
You’ll work collaboratively with inspiring and international creatives (producers, copywriters, designers, video editors, etc.) to envision and execute wonderful pieces that will engage with our audience and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of video and visual narrative who can master and further improve our content, developing innovative new formats and creative concepts.
- 5+ years experience as a Cinematographer, working in pre-production, production, and postproduction in the digital field (social media, advertising, fiction, and documentary).
- 5+ years of experience filming content, long and short pieces.
- Knowledge about cameras, gear, tripods.
- High level of understanding when it comes to narratives and scripts.
- Highly proactive, organized, digital focused, and a great team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Please note this is a non-union position.
It’s a plus:
- Video editing abilities.
- An eye for color correction/finishing.
- Knowledge of other languages between Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian.
- Filming projects for the Editorial Content department in the US, managing every aspect of camera, lighting, sound and post-production of the final content.
- Introduce new and creative audiovisual formats that connect with our community.
- Seek audiovisual excellence in each piece of content.
- Have the ability to anticipate the needs of every shoot.
- Be responsible for the quality of all of our audio and visual content.
- Leadership skills, ability to support and inspire your team.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You find and solve problems within the workflow of each project.
- You have unquestionable artistic judgment.
- Are up-to-date with the latest content trends out there.
- You are committed to meeting deadlines.
- You're passionate about everything creative.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re proactive about suggesting ideas, introducing new formats, and adapting to new platforms.
- You‘re flexible and thrive in fast-moving environments.
- You’re positive.
- You're a champion of creativity.
- You communicate clearly and passionately when leading your team.
- You have sensitivity and common sense.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A salary based on your experience and profile.
Here you can see some examples of our projects: