Domestika is looking for an English (US)/Spanish to French Localization QA Specialist - Remote - GMT and GMT +2 Time Zones.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does a Localization QA Specialist do at Domestika?
As part of the localization team, you will work across multiple teams remotely, in a fun, fast-moving, and friendly environment, making sure the quality of French is consistent throughout different types of content and maintaining our standards to produce the best and most unified voice possible. You have to be detailed, experienced, and passionate about quality!
- Linguistic and technical review of translated content.
- Creating and aligning QA methods across the team and with other teams.
- Promote QA best practices for improved results.
- UI testing and helping with corrections on the go.
- Support colleagues in reviewing, translating other types of content, as audiovisual, marketing and product, and be ready to help with related tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with the team to make sure Domestika uses high-quality French with a unified voice.
- Native French speaker.
- Translation degree plus solid experience in Localization QA.
- Advanced level of English and Spanish.
- 4 or more years of experience translating and 2 or more years of working as Localization QA Specialist.
- Exquisite written and verbal skills in French. Grammar nerds are welcome!
- High sensitivity to understanding brand voice in the source language and reflecting it naturally in French.
- Professional use of CAT and LQA tools and management of glossaries, TMs, and Style Guides.
- Close attention to detail and very organized.
- Capable of working independently and very adaptable. The unforeseen doesn’t scare you.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in audiovisual translation, subtitles, and transcription.
- Experience in marketing and product translation.
- Advanced level of one of the following languages: Portuguese (BR), German, or Italian.
- You are passionate about localization and language.
- You are neat, very detailed and love getting in trouble to make things better.
- You are a natural editor or proofreader.
- You are connected to the local and international creative scene.
- You do not just think and write, you use judgment and autonomy to find and solve problems accurately.
- You are self-critical and aim to be perfect in every translated piece you produce.
- You are organized and love to be the owner of your projects.
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing and participating.
- You are proactive about suggesting ideas and understand differences in cultures and languages.
- You are flexible and open to feedback.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A fully remote position.
- Salary according to your experience and profile.