Domestika is looking for an Acquisitions Manager - US Creatives, based in the US, to continue the expansion and improvement of our global online courses.
Your main responsibility will be to contact, negotiate and close deals with local creatives to develop Domestika’s English course catalog.
You will be part of the Global Programming team, and work closely with the Content & Production teams.
The role involves contacting and closing deals with the leading creative professionals in a variety of fields -Illustration, Design, 3D & Animation, Craft, Photography & Video, Marketing & Business, Architecture & Spaces- working with both young and senior creatives to become part of the Domestika group of lecturers.
The position entails closing deals and upkeeping relationships with individuals and companies, who will work together with content producers to generate comprehensive practical educational material in diverse fields.
We need someone with the best attitude for a creative approach, commercial savviness to pitch and close deals, and also the sensitivity to connect and develop long-term relationships with creatives.
The Acquisitions Manager will support in developing the US market and will work with teams across different countries: Spain, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Chile & Brasil.
Domestika is the world's fastest-growing online creative community focused on education. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, helping them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. From this grew a community of over 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does an Acquisitions Manager - US Creatives do at Domestika?
- Building and nurturing relationships with an ever-growing database of creative leaders and up-and-coming English-speaking creative talent.
- Negotiate terms & conditions and close course contracts within given parameters.
- Coordinate with other teams for course production and troubleshooting.
- Present the work we do to creatives and get them excited about being part of our community.
- Pitching content ideas in several creative disciplines.
- Native English.
- Based in the US.
- Strong commercial acumen combining both relationship-building expertise with a proven track record of closing deals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present an idea or project in a clear and attractive way, to break through gate-keepers and influence decision-makers, including Managers and talent, publicists, and talent agents.
- Sensitivity towards artists’ and creative profiles.
- Experience with creative fields such as media, entertainment, photography, design, advertising, illustration, art, film, craft, and others.
- Experience as an art buyer, creative agent, or talent recruiter is a plus (e.g. illustrators, filmmakers, photographers, etc).
- Desirable experience with CRM tools.
- You are responsible, decisive, confident.
- You are proactive and hands-on.
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the creative industries leading companies.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues and grow professionally.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.