Domestika is looking for a Localization QA Project Manager.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does a Localization QA Project Manager do at Domestika?
As part of the localization team, you will work across multiple teams remotely, in a fun, fast-moving, and friendly environment, coordinating style guide and glossary creation and maintenance, helping our QA specialists improve the quality of our content, and making sure the communication with internal and external stakeholders is clear and smooth in order to make Domestika a common place for creatives across different markets and languages. You have to be adaptable, experienced, and passionate about quality!
- Managing the linguistic QA projects and overseeing the process end to end.
- Coordinating the creation and maintenance of style guides and glossaries.
- Communicating regularly with external vendors to assign and receive tasks and feedback.
- Identifying risks and issues in projects, solving them through prioritization and communication, and scaling up the issue when necessary.
- Improving processes and creating plans to avoid future and existing issues.
- Coordinating and creating process documentation, collecting data, and creating reports.
- Support other project managers when needed, working closely on a team for great localization output.
- Advanced level of English and Spanish.
- 4 or more years of experience in a Localization Project Manager position with specific QA tasks.
- Previous experience as a translator and/or QA specialist.
- Exquisite organization and writing skills. Grammar nerds are welcome!
- High sensitivity to understanding the subtleties of different languages and approaches.
- Professional use of CAT tools and management of glossaries, TMs, and style guides.
- Close attention to detail and very organized.
- Capable of working independently and very adaptable. The unforeseen doesn’t scare you.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in audiovisual translation, subtitles, and transcription.
- Advanced level of one of the following languages: Portuguese (BR), French, German, Italian, Polish, or Dutch.
- You are passionate about localization and languages.
- You can communicate ideas in an inspiring and effective way.
- You are a natural mediator and a great listener to opposite points of view.
- You don’t just plan and follow, you use judgment and autonomy to adapt and solve issues on the go.
- You are connected to the local and international creative scene.
- You are self-critical and a precision nerd and also know how to get things done without getting lost in detail.
- You are organized and calm under pressure.
- You are a team player who knows when to lead and when to follow.
- You are great at planning and thinking ahead, and love to dive into a mess, organize it, and make things work.
- You are very adaptable and open to feedback.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A fully remote position.
- Salary according to your experience and profile.