At Domestika we’re looking for a Director of Photography (Freelance).
Your main responsibility will be to take charge of the design and execution of the lighting for the recording of the course content, the promotional trailer, and other audiovisual materials so that the course is perfectly reflected, working closely with Filmmakers and Set Designers. You will be part of the Domestika Course Contents team in Madrid.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 8 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does a Director of Photography do at Domestika?
- You are in charge of the photographic conceptualization and lighting of the course and trailer sets working together with the art department.
- You work on light schemes that you transfer to the production team to illuminate the course set and trailer.
- You maintain good communication with the post-production and color department.
- You take into account how light affects the visual communication of the course and the teachers.
- Your profile is that of someone creative, with great visual talent and technical knowledge about everything related to cinematography lighting.
Things you should know:
- You feel comfortable in high-performance projects with deadlines.
- You have experience in creating and installing lighting schemes.
- You work with deadlines for light assemblies.
- You make the difficulties easier and find solutions to carry out projects.
- Demonstrable experience in Film Direction.
- Advanced level of Spanish and English.
- Unquestionable artistic criteria.
- Dynamism in the face of any problem related to lights and cameras, as well as to solve related unforeseen events.
- A lot of creativity, to propose ideas with the production team.
- Experience with color and Davinci Resolve.
- Interest in artistic direction and realization.
- Good organization.
- Respect for the protocols in operation.
- Resolutive ability, sense of humor, and a good dose of flexibility.
It is a plus if:
- You have experience in recording with chroma for visual effects and CGI.
- You have experience in creating promotional or training videos.