At Domestika, we’re looking for an Android Developer (Kotlin) to join our mobile team - Remote - Time Zone GMT and GMT +2.
We’re looking for experienced professionals with talent and the desire to discover new ways to create experiences through an app. We love the blend of an elegant and precise solution from good coding with an eye for beauty to build a solid interface through attention to detail.
As an Android Developer, you will work on enhancing the Domestika app by implementing new features and building awesome interfaces. You’ll work closely with your technical manager, the product manager, fellow designers, and other developers to build the best possible mobile experience.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does an Android Developer do at Domestika?
- Tackles complex problems related to asynchrony, multiple data flows, and other fun stuff like that.
- Offers a world-class experience to our users by building a solid, sleek, and above all fun app.
- Tests app features and fixes issues.
- Experience using Kotlin.
- At least 3-5 years of experience using Java.
- Experience interacting with API REST.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices within the development life cycle, including the principles of clean code, code review, repository and workflow management, continuous integration, compilation processes, testing, etc.
- The ability to write complex interfaces, view hierarchies, navigation transitions, and pay attention to the small details when building interfaces.
- Experience with Git, Github, and Android Studio.
- Experience working with a UI design system.
- Initiative to stay up to date on new Android trends.
- Active participation in open-source projects or in developing your own apps.
- Have one of your apps published in the Play Store.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A balanced work-life with a Remote First approach.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.