Domestika is looking for a CGI Specialist.
Your main responsibility will be to assist the CGI department in the visual development of objects and materials, optimization and modeling of geometry, layout and set dressing of scenes, and lighting and rendering, working hand in hand with colorists, editors, and art directors. You will be part of the CGI team.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
Today, Domestika produces online courses. We share editorial content for and with the best creative people in the world. We run creative events where teachers, creative professionals, and students all have the chance to share experiences, ideas, and projects.
What does a CGI Specialist do?
- Create and develop photorealistic images.
- Model architectural scenes or decorative elements.
- Map and texturize settings, furniture, and decorative elements.
- Illuminate and render images for final integration.
- Your profile is that of someone creative, who enjoys creativity and has a great interest in both the arts and visual communication.
- Work and communicate with the trailer editing, colorists, photography direction, and art direction teams.
Things that should ring a bell:
- Modeling of rigid surfaces by subdivision.
- Procedural shading by nodes with Arnold Render.
- Fundamentals of composition and visual communication.
- Image retouching with programs such as Photoshop, Nuke, Fusion, or similar.
- General knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Geometry CleanUp and optimization.
- Hard surface modeling with polygons and curves.
- Principles of subdivision modeling.
- Agile geometry mapping workflow.
- Texturing with Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Basic knowledge of photography.
It is a plus if:
- You have experience with composition with Nuke or Fusion.
- You have experience with traditional drawing or digital/traditional sculpting.
- You understand visual programming.
What do we offer you in exchange?
- Work in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.