At Domestika we are looking for a Director of Trust & Safety.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
We are looking for an outstanding Director of Trust & Safety to help us grow Domestika into the leading global brand for online creative education. At Domestika, we have a fast-growing community of students and teachers, and we want to ensure the well-being and safety of our members. As a Director of Trust & Safety, you will take a leading role in achieving that.
What does a Director of Trust & Safety do at Domestika?
- Owns the areas of content moderation, privacy protection, fraud detection and crisis management and mitigation at Domestika.
- Leads the Trust & Safety team. Hires, mentors and trains members and introduces them to Industry best practices in all of the team’s disciplines.
- Serves as a domain expert. You closely follow the industry’s policies and best practices in the Trust & Safety field, and implement them in Domestika.
- Handles crisis escalation and management and works in tandem with the C-suite, the Legal and Communications, in designing a response that ensures the safety of Domestika’s users, employees and its brand.
- Guides the Product department in building Trust & Safety tools to optimize team efficiency and performance.
- Partners with the Customer Support department in handling user requests which are connected to Trust & Safety, and ensures consistent communication on our policy.
- Collaborates with our Director of Payments in handling monetary fraud, and in developing tools and techniques to identify and eliminate malicious actors.
- Works with data on analyzing malicious user behaviors, assesses their risk and defines countermeasures to combat them.
- Manages the well-being and safety of the Trust & Safety team.
- Proven leadership track record in building and leading Trust & Safety. You have experience in all five fields of content moderation, policy creation, privacy protection, fraud prevention and crisis management. You have led a Trust & Safety team for 3+ years, and have demonstrated the ability to execute at the top level.
- You have collaborated and directed a product team on managing a backlog for internal Trust & Safety tools.
- Strategic and analytical. You employ a data-driven product approach, and have the ability to make your team highly efficient.
- Organized. You promote structure and process in your team. You have the ability of handling large sets of data, and making them accessible to your teams. You make everyone around you perform better.
- Decisive. You own the decision-making process, and the results coming off it. You know how to delegate. You structure the decision-making process for your team members, and empower them to build their decision-making skills.
- Team player. You roll up your sleeves when required and join the team when your hands-on experience is needed. You always put the team first priority.
- Great communicator. You have the ability of taking complex concepts and making them accessible to your counterparts. You are concise, and keep things clear and simple. You are fluent in English; Spanish is a plus.
- Mentor. You support your T&S team, and help them to be successful. You are empathic and have experience leading team members of all levels of seniority.
- Mentally tough and mature. You are capable of handling sensitive situations and materials, and maintain your composure and performance at all times. You are mature, and capable of sharing your mental state with others in the effort of protecting you and the team.
- Scrappy and Frugal. You believe a team can achieve a lot, even when limited in resources.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- Flexibility to work remotely at all times.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- Innovative and startup environment with zero politics and a “win as a team” spirit.