At Domestika we are looking for a Post-producer / Colorist.
Your main responsibility will be to attend to the post-production needs of the courses and trailers that are going to be edited — project preparation, transcoding, synchronization, sending to the cloud, resolution of incidents — and those already edited; that is, apply the knowledge of image retouching as if it were a digital laboratory to shape tasks, increase decorations, add visual effects, do technical retouching, color grade, identify problems, offer technical-artistic solutions, and export the final content in defined formats.
You will be an important part of DOMESTIKA's post-production department in Brazil and you will also attend to the needs of teams from Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, the US, and the UK.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 8 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
What does a Post-producer / Colorist do at Domestika?
- Have the raw filming materials available for transcoding and scheduling tasks on the available machines
- Organize the assigned courses and prioritize the execution, according to needs and timeline, of the following tasks: invisible VFX, shaping, color and grading, exports, etc
- Manage completed courses and their assembly material to proceed with archiving
- Ensure the nomenclature and location of materials in published projects, hard drives, servers, backup, etc
- Share with your team the technical and artistic advances of color for validations, opinions, and approvals, and also to receive help in case of a sensory jam
- Detect and record extraordinary technical-artistic processes and their solutions, with screenshots, video captures, or texts, to create a documentary fund that can be used if similar situations arise to be solved
- You have a intermediate/advanced level of English
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in post-production roles
- You have knowledge of color theory, formats, dimensions and metadata, storage, backups, conforming, grading, and editing with professional knowledge of DaVinci Resolve
- You have professional knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite, especially Photoshop and After Effects
- You have knowledge of export formats, proxies, color spaces, generation and application of LUTs, data depth, disk storage calculation, nomenclatures, media management, archiving, and project recovery
- Proactivity to provide improvements, automation, increase in process speed, and implementation of file access security
- You have great attention to detail to make the final digital packaging of the courses, ensuring artistic and technical excellence so that students are satisfied
It is a plus:
- Management of the Fusion module and programming
- Knowledge of workflows in the DaVinci collaborative environment
- Knowledge of photography, especially in relation to correct exposure, ranges, and log curves, following pre-established lighting schemes
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry
- A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team
- Domestika Staff-Account to have access to all of our courses for free
- Private health insurance
- A salary according to your experience and profile