At Domestika we are looking for a Director of North America to expand our North American business and lead its US operations.
One of the fastest-growing learning platforms in the global creative industry, we are seeking a Director of North America to launch and scale our business in the region. As Director of North America, you will be responsible for setting up and leading Domestika's US operations and growth, working with cross-functional teams to drive operational excellence and grow the brand in the region. This includes building our Production (Filming and Editing) capacity in the United States and working with marketing to adapt strategies to grow our brand recognition in the region.
Domestika started as a small but dynamic platform for creative professionals, designed to help them connect with and learn from each other. Today, Domestika designs and produces online courses in partnership with the best creative talent in the world, made available to those who want to improve professionally or who simply love learning craft. The community has grown to over 5 million people who share a curiosity and passion for learning creative skills.
The company is based in San Francisco, California, and our team is distributed across over 10 countries. Domestika has the support of some of the most relevant funds in Silicon Valley.
Domestika fosters inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Be the face of Domestika in relations with local partners in the creative community in the U.S. and Canada.
- Build and lead a local team in North America focusing on building the brand in North America, both within the creative community and our target customer groups.
- Ensure a smooth cross-functional working relationship with other global teams to drive the growth of Domestika in North American through action plans, KPIs, and reporting systems.
- Lead the development of strategic partnerships to drive brand awareness, support the creative community and our members, identifying external partners that have the potential to accelerate company growth.
- Support the Production team in hiring and onboarding US team members for our film production studios, identifying real estate opportunities for studio expansion, and operational management of opening more production studios.
- Oversee the health of the North America P&L, as well as KPIs across all teams supporting North America.
- Provide strong local leadership and management to the Domestika team in the US, ensuring consistency, quality, and effectiveness.
- Attract, develop and lead a dynamic and engaged team. Foster a performance-oriented culture, coach and enable teams to achieve their target.
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in revenue-generating functions such as marketing, sales and/or operations and business strategy.
- Strong leadership skills with at least 7 years of experience building and leading large teams.
- Strong academic background: BA/BS degree or equivalent, MBA is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial track record within digital media, Internet, or consumer business. Ideally, as General Manager managing at a fast-paced, fast-growth company or start-up.
- Prior experience setting up early-stage country or city operations is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills: ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- The ability to think strategically and spot opportunities for growth in the US & Canada while driving day-to-day operations and building up the NA team.
- Outstanding people and stakeholder leadership skills with the ability to communicate with, motivate, inspire, and develop teams. Naturally engaging and charismatic (can win “hearts and minds”).
- Commercially minded, with demonstrable experience negotiating with vendors and partners.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams or departments to obtain ambitious goals.
- Past experience in the production/filmmaking area or a creative industry would be a plus.
- Native or near-native English speaker. Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to build one of the fastest-growing companies in the creative industry, launching in a new market.
- Joining a fun, creative, cooperative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.