At Domestika we are hiring an Art Assistant.
As an Art Assistant, your main responsibility will be to help the Artistic Direction department in the design and staging of the course sets and promotional trailers, working closely with the Production team, teachers, and creatives. You will be part of the Domestika Course Production team in Paris.
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills.
What does an Art Assistant do at Domestika?
- Design and build Domestika sets and props.
- Build all kinds of furniture and props.
- Modify (cutting wood, painting, restoration) furniture and/or props.
- Support the artistic direction in terms of set assembly and disassembly tasks.
- Inventory and evaluate the state of the department's material, and restore it if necessary.
- Make the necessary purchases for the department and collect the weekly prints and plots.
Things that you should know:
- You can solve any issue related to creating parts, assembling scenarios, and creatively solving problems.
- You know how to work on a team. You make things easier for everyone, you support your colleagues, and you value their effort.
- You feel comfortable in high-performance projects with deadlines.
- You have at least 2 years of demonstrable experience in the sector.
- You have an unquestionable artistic criteria.
- You have a native or bilingual level of French and an advanced level of English.
- You master proper tools and have advanced knowledge of carpentry.
- You are dynamic in the face of any problem related to the art department and can handle production contingencies.
- You can propose creative ideas to your team.
- You have experience in building and painting wood, both props and pans.
- You take care of and love your work.
- You also know how to value and take care of the work of the teacher who is part of the set.
- You have an interest in design and/or other artistic disciplines.
- You know that good organization is a good antidote.
- You know how to work on a team.
- You respect operation protocols.
- You are resolutely decisive and have a good dose of flexibility.
- You know that the details make the difference.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A fun, creative, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- Domestika pro-account to have access to all of our courses for free.
- Private health insurance.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.