Domestika is looking for an English (US)/Spanish to German Marketing and Product Translator - Remote.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 6 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does a Marketing and Product Translator do at Domestika?
As part of the localization team, you will work across multiple teams remotely, in a fun, fast-moving, and friendly environment, translating course descriptions and transcreating marketing content to generate impact and conversion for all marketing channels. You have to be creative, experienced, and passionate about writing!
- Localizing and transcreating promotional and editorial marketing content.
- Localizing Domestika’s web and app interface and content.
- UI testing, reviewing translations, helping with corrections on the go.
- Supporting colleagues in reviewing, translating other types of content, creating style guides and glossaries, and be ready to help with related tasks as needed.
- Collaborating with the team to make sure Domestika uses high-quality German with a unified voice.
- Native German speaker.
- Translation degree plus specialization/experience in advertising/marketing/communication, or Advertising/Marketing/Communication degree plus specialization in translation/transcreation.
- Advanced level of English and Spanish.
- 4 or more years of experience translating and transcreating in creative environments (marketing, advertising, or e-commerce).
- Exquisite written and verbal skills in German. Grammar nerds are welcome!
- High sensitivity to understanding the tone of the contents in the source language and reflecting it naturally in German.
- Professional use of CAT tools and management of glossaries, TMs, and Style Guides.
- Close attention to detail and very organized.
- Capable of working independently and very adaptable. The unforeseen doesn’t scare you.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in audiovisual translation, subtitles, and transcription.
- Advanced level of one of the following languages: Portuguese (BR), French, or Italian.
- You are passionate about localization and language.
- You can communicate ideas in an inspiring and effective way.
- You are a natural editor or proofreader.
- You have the ability to understand our brand values and translate them into the specific characteristics of your language market.
- You are connected to local and international creative scene.
- You do not just think and write, you use judgment and autonomy to find and solve problems accurately.
- You are self-critical and aim to be perfect in every translated piece you produce.
- You are organized and love to be the owner of your projects.
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing and participating.
- You are proactive about suggesting ideas and understand differences in cultures and languages.
- You are flexible and open to feedback.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- Fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A fully remote position.
- Salary according to your experience and profile.