At Domestika we are looking for a Country Manager Latin America to help strengthen and drive our Latam operations.
As Country Manager for Latin America, you will be responsible for leading Domestika's Latam operations and growth, working with other key teams across the organization to drive operational excellence and grow the Domestika brand in Latin America (Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina).
Domestika is one of the largest growing communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for all those who want to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
The company is based in San Francisco, California. The team is distributed in 10 countries. Domestika has the support of one of the most relevant funds in Silicon Valley (USA).
What will the Country Manager Latin America do at Domestika?
- Be the face of Domestika in dealings with local partners in the creative community in Latam.
- Build and lead a local team in Latin America focusing on building the brand in Latam, both within the creative community and within our target customer groups.
- Ensure a smooth cross-functional working relationship with other global teams to drive the growth of Domestika in Latin America through action plans, KPIs, and reporting systems.
- Lead the development of strategic partnerships to drive brand awareness, support both the creative community, as well as our members, in identifying external partners that have the potential to accelerate company growth.
- Oversee health of the Latin America P&L, as well as KPIs across all teams supporting Latam.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience building and leading teams.
- Ideally located in Mexico City (Mexico) or Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- Strong academic background: BA/BS degree or equivalent, MBA from a top school is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial track record within digital media, Internet or consumer business. Ideally as General Manager managing at a fast-paced, fast-growth company or start-up.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills: the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- The ability to think strategically and spot opportunities for growth in Latin America.
- Outstanding people and stakeholder leadership skills with the ability to communicate with, motivate, inspire, and develop teams. Naturally engaging and charismatic (can win “hearts and minds”).
- Commercially minded, with demonstrable experience negotiating with vendors and partners.
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams or departments to obtain ambitious goals.
- Native or near-native Spanish speaker.
- Fluency in English is required.
What do we offer?
- Work in one of the fastest-growing companies in the creative industry.
- Be part of a fun, creative, cooperative, and multicultural team.
- The opportunity to set a presence from scratch in a new country for Domestika and be a key leader in the international expansion of our online community.
- Fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- Salary according to your experience and profile.