At Domestika we are hiring an English (US)/Spanish to Portuguese (BR) Marketing and Product Translator - Remote - GMT and GMT +2 Time Zones.
As a Marketing and Product Translator at Domestika, you will work across multiple teams remotely, in a fun, fast-moving, and friendly environment, translating course descriptions and transcreating marketing content to generate impact and conversion for all marketing channels. You have to be creative, experienced, and passionate about writing!
Domestika is the fastest-growing creative community where the best creative experts share their knowledge and skills through professionally produced online courses.
It all started as an online forum and a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other. Inspired by their thriving community, Domestika widened its reach by producing online courses for anyone interested in unleashing their creative potential and connecting with like-minded creatives from around the world.
Domestika carefully curates the teacher roster and produces all the courses in-house, to ensure a high-quality online learning experience for everyone. Today, the online community is home to over 6 million people from around the world who are curious and passionate about learning new creative skills
What does a Marketing and Product Translator do at Domestika?
- Localizing and transcreating promotional and editorial marketing content.
- Localizing Domestika’s web and app interface and content.
- UI testing, reviewing translations, helping with corrections on the go.
- Supporting colleagues in reviewing, translating of other types of content, creating of style guides and glossaries, and be ready to help with related tasks as needed.
- Collaborating with the team to make sure Domestika uses high-quality Portuguese (BR) with a unified voice.
- Native Portuguese (BR) speaker.
- Translation degree plus specialization/experience in advertising/marketing/communication, or Advertising/Marketing/Communication degree plus specialization in translation/transcreation.
- Advanced level of English and Spanish.
- 4 or more years of experience translating and transcreating in creative environments (marketing, advertising, or e-commerce).
- Exquisite written and verbal skills in Portuguese (BR). Grammar nerds are welcome!
- High sensitivity to understanding the tone of the contents in the source language and reflecting it naturally in Portuguese (BR).
- Professional use of CAT tools and management of glossaries, TMs, and Style Guides.
- Close attention to detail and very organized.
- Ability to work independently and adaptability. The unforeseen doesn’t scare you.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in audiovisual translation, subtitles, and transcription.
- Advanced level of one of the following languages: German, Italian or French.
- You are passionate about localization and language.
- You can communicate ideas in an inspiring and effective way.
- You are a natural editor or proofreader.
- You have the ability to understand our brand values and translate them into the specific characteristics of your language market.
- You are connected to local and international creative scene.
- You don’t just think and write, you use judgment and autonomy to find and solve problems accurately.
- You are self-critical and aim to be perfect in every translated piece you produce.
- You are organized and love to be the owner of your projects.
- You are a team player who enjoys sharing and participating.
- You are proactive about suggesting ideas and understand differences in cultures and languages.
- You are flexible and open to feedback.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- Fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A fully remote position.
- A salary according to your experience and profile.